Hangover Egg Drop Soup is one of the most famous hangover soup. It is simple, easy to make and tastes delicious. Perfect for a lazy Saturday morning. In this post, we will guide you on how to make Egg Drop Soup step by step.
The soup at Chinese restaurants is generally made with high-quality soup stock. Wherever there is a big Chinese community, the home cook style Chinese egg drop soup would definitely be famous. In contrast to the egg drop soup served in Chinese restaurants in the United States, the egg drop soup cooked at home is not thickened with starch. Although most restaurant soups are too starchy, most people prefer the silken texture of the soup. This recipe uses a moderate amount of starch to achieve a pleasant taste.
To get started with this dish, we’ll need to have a few things ready. With only 8 ingredients and 8 steps, you can make hungover egg drop soup. This is how you prepare it:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 2 stalks of fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- 2 teaspoon of water
- 2 eggs
How To Cook
- Boil water and bouillon for the broth
- Chop chives and whisk eggs while waiting for the broth to boil
- Add soy sauce & white pepper to the broth
- If you like your egg drop soup thicker, make a slurry by whisking corn starch into a tiny bit of water, then add to the broth
- Slowly stir in whisked eggs and reduce heat, let simmer until eggs are cooked to preference
- Transfer to a bowl and the egg drop soup is ready to be served
So that brings us to the end of this fantastic recipe of hangover egg drop soup dish. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. You should be able to make this at home. Go ahead and start cooking!